CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Department: Customer Service
Location: Atlanta, GA | KFTY
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Position Level: Entry Level
FLSA Status: Hourly Nonexempt
Post Date: 7/8/20
Schedule: Full & Part-time
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) embodies all of the warm and welcoming qualities of Sensational Southern Service that assures guests are treated with an exceptional service experience on each interaction. As the first impression that customers of Hill Aircraft are greeted with, the CSR is empowered to create positive, personable, and memorable interactions with every individual they come in contact with. The Customer Service Representative has an interest in the aviation industry with a passion for customer service.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is an essential position as part of the Customer Service team, performing a number of important duties related to the extraordinary service experience and overall care for guests within the Fixed Base Operation (FBO). The CSR is directly involved in communicating with corporate flight departments, flight crews, aircraft owners, high-profile clientele, vendors, and team members to ensure that requests critical to the successful operation are handled appropriately. The CSR is an exceptional relationship builder and highly outgoing with the drive to provide world-class customer service in aviation. The CSR represents Hill Aircraft in a positive and professional manner, while upholding the values of a family owned legacy aviation business.
- Represent the company in a professional manager and put the customer first at all times.
- Support a positive and harmonious working environment with the team in order to provide the highest levels of the customer service experience.
- Create memorable service experiences for guests on each visit.
- Ensure all Customer Service operations are conducted daily in accordance to the values and
standards of Hill Aircraft that contribute to safety, company policies, and procedures while also
adhering to the NATA Safety 1st guidelines.
- Perform all the general functions of the Customer Service Representative position including
greeting customers, making reservations, and answering or making phone calls.
- Arrange and fulfill service requests including hotel accommodations, rental cars, ground
transportation reservations, in-flight catering orders, and area restaurant or attractions
- Accept and relay ground service requests to team members such as aircraft fueling, arrival or
departure information, parking, and other ground service required.
- Process service and point of sale transactions including billing and payments.
- File internal records related to service transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Clearly handle radio communications both air-to-air with pilots and ground two-way with Line
- Support a culture of unity and cooperation as a team.
- Type email responses to customers or send letters of confirmation for reservation requests.
- Perform detail-oriented responsibilities, assigned projects, and complete paperwork or reports
both as a team and individually.
- Assist in meeting sales goals and monthly promotional offers using internal, seasonal, and
- Work with agents and local approved vendors when handling customer requests.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, pilots, and team members within the Line
Service, Customer Service, and other departments within the company in person, by radio, in
writing, email, and over the phone.
- Assist teammates and fellow front desk Customer Service Representatives when needed.
- Ensure that all equipment, operational areas, front desk, and terminal lobby areas that customers
utilize are continuously organized, cleaned, litter-free, and safe.
- Oversee that all additional shift duties and assigned tasks are completed thoroughly and that any
checklists accompanied are filled out before the end of the shift.
- Provide Customer Service Manager with ideas and recommendations that help to improve the
overall operations, service, and efficiency of the Customer Service Department.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of (1) years FBO or other related experience within the general aviation industry.
- Minimum of (2) years of in customer service, hospitality, or concierge related fields, especially in
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Successful completion of NATA Safety 1st Customer Service, Safety, and Security (CSSS)
program within 60-days of new hire.
- Special consideration with prior experience in Total FBO software.
- Basic knowledge of aviation terminology, general aviation aircraft (piston and turbine), airport
communications, and phonetic alphabet.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Desire to serve others.
- Naturally outgoing with a passion for providing an outstanding customer service experience.
- Excellent communication abilities (written, typing, phone etiquette, two-way radio, and oral) in
- Strong interpersonal aptitude and ability to work well on a team.
- Consistently demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Tactful, courteous, and conscience of customer’s needs.
- Ability to perform manual tasks, follow directions (written and oral), and multitask in a safe and
- Ability to comprehend and perform basic math calculations with minimal errors using United
States units of money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Basic knowledge and comfort level when using computers.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good problem-solving abilities for operational decisions and adaptability to various working
environments or conditions.
- Ability to prepare and complete reports pertaining to department.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (21 and older) without restrictions and have acceptable
driving record that meets company insurability requirements.
- This is an hourly, nonexempt position. This position requires working flexible hours including
mornings, evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays to accommodate the
needs of the customers and department operations.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen. Hill Aircraft is a Zero Tolerance Drug
Free Employer, including pre-employment and random drug screening.
- Operation of motor vehicles.
- Ability to handle moderate physical activity outside on ramp operations.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds such as boxes, bags, stock supplies, or carpets.
- Ability to travel for the position if needed (infrequently).
ENVIRONMENT AND WORK CONDITIONS
- General office and FBO building conditions.
- Regularly sitting, standing, walking around inside and outside.
- Outside on active ramp areas around aircraft, fuel trucks, vehicles, and other ground handling
equipment (when performing duties as Concierge).
- Driving vehicles on active ramp.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice based on the needs of the department and company. To perform this job successfully, the candidate will possess a proficient level of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed within this description. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Please submit your resume and a short introduction for consideration of this job.